Recently on my published simple learning title I have noticed a spike in users based in China (yay! more users!). Up until this point I've been using a fairly straightforward model of free game with ads (admob, amazon, pubcenter, etc) or an IAP for 99 cents that disables the ads. I've correlated this spike in China with no spike in ad revenue which since admob is my primary ad supplier makes sense to me (obviously google and China don't get along). Are there ad networks that I should investigate to use for Chinese users? I'm about to push a fairly large update to the game (cross platform leaderboards, UI update, difficulty settings, etc) in the coming weeks and would like to know if there is something I should look into. I've done basic searches and learned about the fragmented app stores (there seem to be many and I assume my title got published to one automatically?) I don't speak Chinese so I only could get a basic overview of the landscape on english websites. Any information would be appreciated.
Nov 24, 2014
I'd like to know the same thing. Most (maybe all) of the ad plugins we use have like zero fill rate in China. So then why would we bother to release it there? I'm not sure there's a good answer.
8. But there must be ad networks that have fill rate in China. Nov 24, 2014 Report Like Reply
Chinese people for the majority do not use apple store ( if you talk about IOS) they use an app that allow user to download app cracked, I am not sure i can give the name here, but you will find it on google. so any people that download your cracked app here will not give your ads credit and they cant buy IAP too because they didnt downloaded the app through appstore
12. you can try Kii backend, they have a service to distribute games in China. Its a pretty closed market like everything in china, so good luck without a middle man.
14. http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ios-market-in-china-broken-by-kuaiyong.252376/#post-1668809 Nov 24, 2014 Report Like Reply
Thanks for the info and link. My question isn't limited to IOS but obviously its part of the picture. Currently the user spike from China in my game is android but I'm sure the same will eventually be true in IOS as well. I take it they monitor the app store and google play store and modify the product so it works on "their" app store (for android it seems there are many popular app stores) and publish it themselves. I can understand why IAP will never work then unless there is a way for me to publish to those stores myself.
18. I guess my main question at this point is with ads. Regardless of the app store are there ad networks that I can use in China? I would think the great firewall would hinder google but are there others? My game is mostly ad supported anyways and I wouldn't mind using a Chinese ad network. Nov 24, 2014 Report Like Reply
greggtwep16 said: ↑
My game is mostly ad supported anyways and I wouldn't mind using a Chinese ad network.
Bonus question: Are there ad networks delivering ads by https? Otherwise they just replace your ads with their own if they are smart. (They could also do it if you use https, but much harder)
Nov 24, 2014
22. Damien Delmarle said: ↑ you can try Kii backend, they have a service to distribute games in China. Its a pretty closed market like everything in china, so good luck without a middle man. Does anyone have any experience with the Kii China services? This sounds promising but was wondering if anyone had any results to share about Kii's China services. Nov 25, 2014 Report Like Reply